Wednesday 10 June 2015

Genting International Children's Festival 5 June 2015

Genting International Children's Festival is a round up of fun, excitement, informative and hilarious things to experience! Here is the flash-back of what I did at the festival :



No 1. "Look Look See The Clowns" 
The clowns make all sorts of balloons like hearts, flowers, fishing poles, hats or you can try request for a shape you like ! They are friendly and do a lot of silly poses. I can never stop looking at them!

Check them out at Genting Grand Open Car Park, in front of Genting and Maxims Hotel from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm!

 No 2. This is "Candy Land". It is located at First World Plaza,  Padini Walkway, from 12 pm to 10 pm.

             Over here, you can find an ice cream booth, button badge making  and a giant maze. 

They serve "SERIOUSLY" delicious ice cream. 

Decorate your own ice-cream with assorted condiments and it is free !!!

My sister said "I almost wanted to take all of it and it is so hard to control the temptation. Somehow, I manage to stop taking everything, so that other people can have some too."


"Button Badge Making"
Have you try making button badges before? Here's your chance!

When I my first set my eyes on the maze, I was thrilled and couldn't wait to step in. 
Little did I know, as I walked through it, the maze is filled with surprises after surprises.


It has 10 "Did You Know" facts, games, coloring corners, places to write your wishes etc.



(Photos credit to Ronald of RWG)

No 3. There are countless of "Busker Performances" at Times Square Stage. First World Plaza. 12 pm to 10 pm.  
                      It is an eye opener for me and I truly admire their hard work. 

No 4. Horizon 50,  Genting International Convention Centre (GICC)

As I entered Horizon 50, photos and meaningful quotes of the late Tan Sri Lim Goh Tong came into view. I saw the year of when my beloved outdoor theme park was built, the theme park that I have visited a number of times. I personally find this exhibition informative and I wonder if the number 50 of Horizon 50 has anything to do with the 50th anniversary of Resort World Genting, hmmm. 

Horizon 50 is open till 30 June 2015. Do check it out!   

You can also meet and greet Rio Characters here. A photograph with them will cost RM35 per piece in the size of 6R. 

 
There is also a contest called the "Snap & Win" that is happening at Horizon 50. 



                     If you have not catch Rio or Rio 2, you can see the free screening at Horizon 50!


No 5. Dinosaurs Playground is located next to the lobby of First World Hotel. The action starts at 6pm. 

When I found out I would meet dinosaurs, it sent the shiver down my spine !  I imagine the biggest ever Tyrannosaurus-Rex roaring all over and fighting with people !   :)

The loud roaring sound sent me many steps back. 
Thereafter, the door opened and it emerged a cute Brontosaurus which I remember, is a herbivore from the book I read. That calmed me down instantly. I am not exactly sure if it is a Brontosaurus but it does look like one. The little kids were invited into the compound to feed the Brontosaurus some leaves (fake one!)

What appeared next is the best part, the part that I like the most, among all the things at the Children's Festival. 
It is a show, a very very funny and made you "laugh-out-loud" kind of show that you do not want to miss. It is about two silly thieves who tried to steal valuables from the safe, which is inside the compound of dinosaur. I really enjoyed the show so much and laughter could be heard among the crowd! 

Last but not least, you can also take a photograph with a Triceratops. Fear not, it is a herbivore !

No. 6 "iLuminate"
(Photo Credit to RWG)

My day ended with me tapping my feet with "iLuminate".  The dancers did a great job with the lights and dance step. There was a part where a lighted-up rat ran across the stage that cracked me up. 
It is a 60 minutes show and will run till 28 June 2015. 


I dropped dead tired on the cozy bed of the First World Hotel, smiling happily. What a fanstastic day it is! Thank you RWG. 


Genting International Children's Festival ends on 14 June 2015. 
Giddy up !! 4 more days to go.

4 comments:

  1. Lots of fun in just a short one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can adults decorate their own ice cream too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course ! Inside every adult, there is still a child. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooppps .... And yipeeeeee!!

    ReplyDelete