Tuesday 30 June 2015

XYZ Deluxe room, Tower 2A(annex), First World Hotel, Genting Highland 27 June 2015



Tower 2A(annex) has its own sophisticated lobby. As I stepped into it, I heard contemporary music being played and it made me feel as if I am "time travelling" into the future. 



One side of the walkway has full window walls with scenic mountainous and cliff view. I wish I could step on the grass outside, feel the wind and grab the passing cloud. I tried opened the only glass door but it was locked. Nevertheless, it is a good place for photo taking.   



 
I think this part is very creative and modern-looking and I like it very much.  

The see-through kitchen at the lobby caught my attention. I like to the observe the bakers rolling and shaping the dough into all shapes and sizes.  

And that made me want to grab one of those freshly baked bread. They look delicious. 
This place is called the "Terminal 2 cafe that opens at 730 am to midnight.

There is a mini food mart that provides food on the go like sandwiches, salad, crisp, cold drinks etc. I think this pre-packed food looks fresh.   

The dining area provides complimentary wi-fi.  I like the glass area where I can sit on the high bar stool and indulge in a bag of crisp. 

This is my XYZ Deluxe room # 20960.  

Does the name XYZ comes from Gen(generation) X, Gen Y and Gen Z ? A question I forgot to ask Ms. Katherine during the tour briefing.  

I adore the chic and vibrant yellow lines design on the wall which makes me feel bright. 
The mattress is firm and the pillow is soft and fluffy. We kept all the windows opened and switched on the fan which gave us a cooling air. I had a good night sleep. 

My young sibling sat happily on the bed, watching "Thunderstruck" by Kevin Durant on the 32" flat-screen TV. She said "the TV screen is clear !" 



The high pressure water is cooling and refreshing. 
There is a convenient corner for me to put my personal shower gel and hair shampoo. The convenient corner storage is comfortably low for my little sibling to reach the toiletries. 
3-in-1 liquid soap is catered in a friendly dispenser.  Other amenities are shower cap, sanitary bag and bar soap. 

There are 3 standalone cubicles for toilet, shower and wash basin. There are well divided with frosted lime green glass walls, a refreshing colour which my mom likes it a lot. 
My mom can blow her hair with the hair dryer provided at the wash basin area, while my young sibling can use the shower  and I can sit peacefully at the toilet doing my business without anyone rushing me out. Cool!  

I treasure the ample number of clothes hangers for us to hang our clothes up. I remember at some occassion at other hotels where we had to make do with 2 hangers !!!!  The open hanging cupboard also gives us more storage space.

There is a large laptop-sized in-room safe ! It is really fun to open and close it with a code. If my mom didn't stop me, I would have done it a hundred times !!!! 

A mini fridge is just nice for guests who likes to keep their drink or food cold. Kettle with tea and coffee making facilities is in the room too. 

No fret about international adapter. There is an international socket and USB access point on the wall. 

What a compact and functional 170.70 sq ft room !

 Check-Out E-Kiosk. 
Just slot in the room key-card ! It is as easy as ABC. 

These E-Kiosk machines are developed by Genting Malaysia Berhad and manufactured in Malaysia!

4 comments:

  1. Indeed very informative & love the vibrant color of First World Hotel new wing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know that the amenities are so up-to-date. International travel adapter is the best

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, do the tv hv usb point on it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, do the tv hv usb point on it?

    ReplyDelete