Sunday 28 June 2015

"Room Hopping" at First World Hotel, Genting Highland Pahang 27 June 2015

 I followed Jesie and Irene, the friendly staff of Resort World Genting to tour the five types of revamped grand rooms of Tower 1 and 2 of First World Hotel.

When I first saw the 3-star hotel building from the outside, I thought it is very colorful indeed. The part of the hotel that I like the most is, it gives a stunning mountainous view. I especially love the sight when it is enveloped by the mist. Each time I step onto the lift area, I will be drawn to the windows nearby, to look at the green mountains. 
.  
Photo credit: Booking.com
Tower 1 and 2 are the first two towers of the hotel and tower 2A( Annex) is a new addition. There are a total of seven room types which cater to all sort of needs and budget. The good news is all the rooms are gradually undergoing a facelift to serve us better. 

I feel that the new look is brighter and more cheerful. Every child will be excited in exploring a new room ! And so do I. 

Come join me on my "room hopping" journey. Tower 1 is our first destination. There are two types of guest room which are "World Club" and "Standard". 

(1) World Club Room has a fantastic mountain view through the window wall which is just next to the beds.  Simply awesome !!  I wish I could spend the night here and I will leave the curtain and windows wide open throughout my stay. :) 


  1 single and 1 queen size bed

There is also a comfortable and warm 2-seaters sofa where I can snug cozily with my parrot and alien toy-buddy and enjoy the cool fresh air from outside while I watch the 32 " flat-screen TV. 

The first thing I look for in a bathroom is a BATHTUB!!  No, there is no bathtub in this one but a standing shower which is just as good to play in.    

There is a generous amount of amenities (cotton buds, soap bar, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shaver, shower cap, shower gel and shampoo). I think I will certainly bring home the colorful shower gel and hair shampoo as souvenir.


(2) Standard Room


I feel that the new standard room is much cleaner. Even though it is the smallest type, it is cozy, nice and dandy.
I usually stay in a standard room when I travel with my family. I used to think why my parents would choose a smaller room where I prefer a bigger one. I thought the rooms no matter at what size, is of the same price. My mom said it is because standard room is simple, basic and affordable. 
Each time when we travel, I will look forward to the unveil the standard room.  

I had a restful night when I stayed in a standard room at Tower 1 of this hotel three weeks ago. The mattress is firm and very cozy. 


Let's move to Tower 2 now. There are three types of rooms which are "World Club", "Superior Deluxe " and "Deluxe". 

(3) World Club Room . The amenities are the same as in "World Club" room at Tower 1.

one single and one queen sized bed in this room
 As I entered the door, a homely living room greeted me. It has a two-seater sofas and a coffee table.

I love the divider between the living room and the bedroom which provide an additional privacy.

Lo and behold ! I finally found a BATHTUB ! I would love to use it. My little sister will scream crazy if she saw it.  And what's more, it is just next to the window that provides an awesome view of  mountains and mist ! 
And you know what mountains and mist can do? It makes you forget about your trouble !! 

If I stayed in this room, I would spend at least an hour soaking in that bathtub, belting out a song or two and enjoying the view. Lovely lovely time. 

Vanity table for ladies or gentlemen who love spending a great amount of time looking good. I am not one of them. So I will turn it into my writing table.  

(4)  Superior Deluxe Room 

 0ne queen and single sized bed here. What a spacios room!

I love the wall that is splashed with vibrant yellow and purple. Turn the armchair around and you can sit and admire the view outside.

This is the view from the wndow wall of the room. 
On a good day, I saw a raptor flown past. 


A cuppa or coffee in the bedroom.
 It is provided in all guest rooms except the standard room.

 Hot and cold water dispenser is also provided at the hallway at Tower 1 and Tower 2. 

Amenities in Superior Deluxxe

\
The many types of room are differentiate by the space sizes and also the amenities given in the room. 


 (5) Deluxe Room

Clean, classy and refined




There are 3 standalone cubicles for toilet, shower and wash basin. I feel that it is helpful and time-saving, so more people can use each facility efficiently. 
Superior Deluxe room has the same good structure.  

The tour ended here. I had a fun time snapping away with my Ipad and I felt like a grown-up among the adults, checking out the rooms.  


There are 23 units of E-Kiosk self check-in system at First World Hotel Tower 1 main lobby. Guests can check-in with their My-Kad, passport or member card.  It is my first time seeing an automated check in machine. It is very convenient and easy that even a child can do it. Checking out is also convenient with 15 units Check-out E-Kiosk here. 


Tower 2A (Annex) has two types of room, XYZ Deluxe and XYZ Deluxe Triple room. 

I stayed at a XYZ Deluxe room during this trip which I will write about it next. 
As for XYZ Deluxe Triple room, I was told that the difference is the amenities and it offers one single bed and one queen bed.

There is a parking at the basement of the First World Hotel and it is free of charge. 

For extra info or booking, click here


4 comments:

  1. World Club room looks smashing. I shall check it out for my next trip up the hill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Comparison that makes our selection easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Go check it out !!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks like a lot of fun! You are very blessed to have had such an amazing experience. The hotel looks amazing from the outside but even better once you are on the inside. The World Club Room is so great and spacious it would be perfect for me, my husband, and our little boy.

    ReplyDelete